I do and I love them! I also go broke at them. Things usually cost about $5, which seems cheap when you’re buying one item, but quickly adds up as you go from booth to booth. Real talk, carry cash (some places accept card, but you never know when they’ll pull the money) and expect to spend $20-80 easy, unless you have better impulse control, which I clearly do not!
Yeah, I’m complaining about the money, but you know what? It’s a fun experience and it feels good to support locals in the community.
I also get some great items from them, which include:
- Food—There’s always somebody out there grilling something. Like the sandwich above!
- Fresh Coconut Water—Fresh, as in, straight from a coconut, probably the morning before.
- Tasty Breads—Banana, Zucchini…whatever, I love them all!
- Custom Sauces—Hot sauces, stir fry…man, everybody has a sauce!
- Skin Care Items—Does any of that shit work? I dunno…I just like to buy it!
- Fresh Produce—You can leave with some asparagus and skip going to the store. Works for me!
- GMO free meat—I know you’re mad as hell at President Obama, so check this out!
The point I’m making is that, if you’re not visiting a Fresh Market, you really ought to try. Get started now: https://www.tampabaymarkets.com
And since I know some folks are just too lazy to read the site, or look up any others, here are some Tampa markets:
- Twilight Market at the Roosevelt 2.0 in Ybor
Every Tuesday, 5pm-10pm, 1812 N. 15th Street, Ybor City Tampa, 33605
- Seminole Heights Sunday Morning Market
Every Second Sunday of each month, October through May, 9am-2pm on the front lawn of Hillsborough High School, 5000 N. Central Ave., Tampa, FL 33603
- Fresh Market at Hyde Park Village
Every First Sunday of each month, year round, 10am-2pm, Inside Hyde Park Village, 742 South Village Circle, Tampa, FL 33604
- Flicks & Food Trucks
Every Third Thursday of Each Month, 6pm-10pm, 1208 Kennedy Blvd., Grand Central at Kennedy, Tampa, FL 33602
- Fresh Market at Westchase Town Center
Every Second Saturday from October-May, 10am-2pm, Front lawn of Westchase Town Center, 9622 West Linebaugh Avenue, Tampa, FL 33626
- Fresh Market at the Shops at Wiregrass (For New Tampa folks)
First and Third Saturday of Each Month, Year Round, 10am-3pm, The Shops at Wiregrass, 28211 Paseo Drive, Suite 100, Wesley Chapel, FL 33543